As the incoming ticket payments automatically enter our standard payout process and each organizer can define individual cancelation policies and fees for his events, the handling of cancelations and eventual refunds are usually in the hands of you as organizer.
Important: If a booker would like to cancel only one ticket from a larger booking with several tickets that has already been invoiced, this can only be done through cancelation and a new registration with the changed ticket selection. A detailed description can be found in our article about rebookings.
As organizer, it's up to you to decide whether or not you accept cancelation requests. If yes, you can decide whether and how much of the respective invoice amount you would like to refund.
For transparency towards your bookers, doo recommends that you add your own booking conditions when creating your event, in which also the cancelation conditions and the process is regulated. Tips for creating your own booking and cancelation policy, can be read here.
If you would like to cancel a booking to release the tickets for future bookings, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the booking overview - either by clicking on "Booking overview" in the left main menu or by clicking on "Manage bookings" on the respective event detail page.
2. Enter the booking number, name or email address of the said booker in the search box and access the booking details page by clicking on the booking.
3. Click on "Cancel booking". Cancellations cannot be reversed. For bookings that have already been paid, you can decide whether or not cancellation fees should be shown in the cancellation invoice. For manual and open, still unpaid bookings, the total amount will always be cancelled. Please note that the cancellation of already paid bookings in the doo booking portal does not trigger an automatic refund to the booker! This is up to you as the organizer by default, since the payment has already entered the payout process to you.
4. After confirming the cancelation, a cancelation invoice will be automatically created, which can be downloaded from the section below the "Invoice details" on the booking detail page. Please note that bookers don't receive an automatic notification about the cancelation.
5. Please inform the booker (outside of the doo tool) via email about the successful cancelation. If desired, you can attach the cancelation invoice as receipt, which you can download from the booking detail page.
6. If the cancelation implies a refund, please ask the booker for his bank account data and transfer the respective amount. On request and for a administration fee, doo can also take care of processing your refunds - for more information please follow this link.
1. Bookings with outstanding payment: If you cancel an unpaid booking, the booker can simply ignore the invoice he already received and he won't receive further payment reminders from doo. There are no fees charged by doo for payment processing in this case, because no actual transaction took place. If doo subesequently receives payments for canceled bookings, we will ask you to decide whether you would like us to return the money to the booker or to have it forwarded to you with your next regular payout.
2. Already paid bookings: All incoming payments from bookers received by doo directly enter the automatic payout process. For these already finalized payments the usual doo transaction fees accrue. We recommend to consider this in your own cancelation conditions and eventually add your own chancellation fees for bookers. Cancelations as such are not related to any additional costs.
3. Cancelation invoice: For every cancelation a cancelation invoice is created, which you can use for your bookkeeping and as receipt for possible refunds. If you applied cancelation fees, they will be added as expense to the cancelation invoice and deducted from the refund amount.
4. Notifications: The booker will not be informed automatically about the cancelation. Please inform them individually via email. If you provide your bookers with the link to their booking portals, the booker will be able see there that the booking is canceled.
5. Refunds: The cancelation in our tool does not trigger an automatic refund, but must be handled manually by the organizer. On request, doo can also take care of processing your refunds (s. 2.6.)
6. Capacities: The places of canceled bookings are released for other bookers.
7. Tickets: As soon as a booking is canceled, the related tickets lose their validity. If the QR code of a canceled ticket is scanned at the entry, it will be displayed as invalid and the attendee can not be checked in.
8. Documentation: The booking will be listed as canceled in the booking and attendee lists, which you can download at any time.
9. Revenue disbursement: Canceled paid bookings will be listed as canceled with the original invoice amount in the collective document, which you will receive after the event is over. For more information about the payment documents, please follow this link.
In case doo receives cancelation requests from one of your bookers, we will forward it to you. If you have questions or requests about cancelations, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team.