To adjust the contact data management for your specific case and your specific customer data, you can expand the data fields that are displayed in the contact details by default (such as name, address and email-address) with your custom fields (e.g.: position).
You can manage the structure of the doo contact details in the organisation management. There you can create new data fields for your doo contact center, edit existing fields or archive them. You are also able to add new selection options to the system fields "Salutation" and "Title" if you'd like to.
With this function we offer you flexibility and a better overview while handling your contact data. If you would like to learn more about the general administration of your existing contacts, you can have a look at this article.
1. Where do I manage my contact data fields?
You can find the contact data fields management in your organisation settings. This is only available for team administrators with Pro- or Enterprise packages. To get to the account-settings for your organisation, click on the gear icon in the upper left corner next to your name in the header, and on the newly opened page scroll down.
2. What exactly can be edited?
2.1. Editing the selection options in the system fields "Salutation" and "Title"
Pro- and Enterprise users have the opportunity to add new or archive existing selection options to the system fields "Salutation" and "Title", where only "Mr." and "Mrs." respectively "Dr." and "Prof." are being displayed by default.
Example: You can now add the third gender "Mx." or other titles like "Prof. Dr." or "B. Eng." as selection options thanks to the new editing feature.
To make a change click on the edit symbol that looks like a pencil. You can now edit the specific selection options in the newly opened window, adding new options or removing existing options b(y clicking on the bucket symbol). Entries up to values of 40 to 50 characters are possible. The order of the selection options can be changed via Drag & Drop by clicking on the eight points on the left of one of the options and moving them accordingly.
To then confirm your adjustments afterwards simply click on "Save". The changes will directly get reflected in the contact center and in your event registration.
2.2. Adding and editing your own data fields
As an Enterprise user you can add a completely new data field for your doo contacts, by clicking on "Create new data field" on the top right side. Now you have to enter a name for the new field and define the data field type.
Important: Please note, that the name can't be edited after the initial creation. To adjust the name of a field afterwards is only possible by archiving the field with an incorrect name and creating a new one. For this please take note of the information about archiving data fields also explained in this article.
There are 7 different types of data fields:
- Free text short: Up to 100 characters, can be connected to the question type "Open Question" (e.g.: member ID).
- Free text long: Up to 600 characters, can be connected to the question type "Paragraph" (e.g.: field of interest).
- Selection list: A data type with a given list of up to 40 values (with up to 50 characters each) of which one value can be selected (e.g.: position). Can be connected to the question types "Simple selection" and "Dropdown". For this data field type it's possible to add new selection options after the fact, archive existing options as well as change the order using Drag & Drop (by clicking on the eight points to the left of one of the options and dragging it to its desired place).
- Checkbox: Checkbox with a text up to 50 characters, which can either get selected or not (e.g.: Member?). Can be connected with one of the specific selection options of the question type "Multiple selection".
- File: Field to upload a JPEG, PNG or PDF file of a maximum of 10 MB (e.g.: Press ID or student ID card). Can be connected to the question type "file upload".
- Phone number: A field for phone number input instead of country selection. Can be associated with the "Phone number" question type.
- Date: A field for date selection from a calendar. Can be associated with the "Date" question type.
After entering the desired data simply click on "Create" to create the new field. The Adjustments will directly get reflected for the whole contact center.
Tip: Besides the opportunity of creating new data fields in your organisation management, you're also able to directly create them while doing a contact import. Therefore only create a new data field for one column. All information about importing contacts can be found here.
2.2.1. Optional: Connecting Attendee questions of an event with data fields of the contact center
In the case you would like to save the answer of a booker to one of your questions for attendees be the event registration (e.g.: position), go to the third side on the event settings ("Attendee data"). Hier you can create a new attendee question or edit an existing question and connect the data field by clicking on "Map to contact center field (optional)". More about attendee and booker questions can be found here.
2.3. Archiving data fields
You have the opportunity to archive contact data fields by clicking on the bucket symbol in the overview of the contact fields in your organisation management.
Important: Please note that archiving a data field by clicking on the bucket symbol is irreversible! All contact data, that were saved in this field will be lost irretrievably. Therefore we suggest to save all data by making a contact data export before the archiving. All information about the contact data export can be found here.
Important: Also note that after archiving a data field, there's no possibility to create a new field with the exact same name due to technical reasons (this limitation is not valid for deleted selection options in data fields of the typ Selection list like e.g. Salutation or Title).