By default, all upcoming events in your doo account are displayed in the cross-event calendar and list widgets.
If you don't want all your doo events to be displayed there, you have the possibility to build a filter for the standard widget, so that only selected events appear in the overview on your homepage.
The filter works on the basis of internal event fields. All events that should appear in the widget must have the same event field.
1. Create a filtered widget
- Select the corresponding event in your doo event manager
- Click on "Edit event" on the right side under "Administration"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on "Advanced settings" and select "Add event field"
- Enter a name e.g "Homepage" (the name must only be one word without blank or special characters), choose the input format "Text input" and activate the checkbox "Add to the field list as a template" and "For internal usage, not visible for attendees"
- Accept the settings and enter "Homepage" also in the text field of the following step
- Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page
- Now you can add the event field "Homepage" to all events that should be displayed in the widget of your website by editing them respectively
- After all events have been edited go back to the event overview and click on "Integrate in website" in order to create a cross-event widget (general information on how to create widgets can be found here).
- In the next step, the code of your new widget needs to be adjusted manually to add the filter. Please insert the following line before the first ">" of the code:
- The adjusted widget code with the added snipped should then look like this (with different numbers):
<div class="viovendi-widget viovendi-event-list-widget"
- Now you can integrate the adjusted code in your website. Only the events for which the field "Homepage" has been activated will appear in the overview. You can add or remove events from the widget by adding or deleting the event field in the settings of the event.
- In case the code does not work as expected, please send the widget name, the adjusted code and the name of the event field you created for the filter to our Support Team so that we can have a look.