All e-mails that are sent via doo have as the sender by default a own doo.net email address: booking related e-mails are sent by email@example.com, e-mail messages that are sent by the doo e-mail manager are sent by firstname.lastname@example.org. By request it is possible to adjust a customer specific e-mail sender address for a fee. If you're interested, please contact your contact person or send your request to email@example.com
After commissioning, please pay attention the following notes.
General information about the device
The configuration of a customer specific e-mail sender address requires the help of the owner of the used e-mail address in some steps. Only then we can make sure that e-mails that are send with the new e-mail address will be correctly delivered to the recipient.
For the delivery of automatized e-mails and e-mail campaigns, doo uses the infrastructure of amazon simple email service (SES). To make sure that this service won't be used abusively, amazon verifies the identity of the owner of the sender email address via email. Further amazon signs outgoing emails with the DKIM method (more information about that e.g on wikipedia)
In this way, spam filters and mail servers can verify that the corresponding emails are not spam or spoofing. For this, however, it is necessary that some entries are adjusted for the corresponding domain settings in the name server.
The following should be ensured on your side so that the configuration can be carried out as smoothly as possible and without delays.
- You need access to the e-mails, which are sent to the e-mail to be used.
- You need access to the domain name server (DNS), which is used for the domain of the e-mail to be used.
Procedure of the configuration
1) Tell your doo contact person:
- Which e-mail address should be configured
- For which doo organization this configuration should be valid
- If the e-mail address will be used only for the e-mails that are sent to bookers and recipients of invitation or also as the sender address for automized e-mails with access to account notifications to your doo account (e.g event created, monthly payments, export completed)
2) As soon as we proceeded your request, amazon SES will send you an e-mail to verify your identity.
Through a click on the corresponding link, you authorize amazon SES (and so doo) to send e-mails from that e-mail address. Subsequently you should receive the following success message:
The check to see if this step has been successfully completed will be done automatically.
3) Subsequently you will receive the details from your doo contact person, that have to be adjusted in your DNS entry. These are CNAME records that must be attached to the appropriate domain.
Example for CNAME entries with dummy data:
The method for the addition of CNAME data sets for your DNS configuration depend on which DNS or hosting provider you are using. Unfortunately, we can not offer support for this - please contact your respective admin.
The check to see if the DNS server was successfully actualized will be done automatically. Depending on the existing DNS configuration, this may take several minutes.
4) Your doo contact person will notify you as soon as the configuration was successfully completed. From this time on you can use the new sender e-mail address in the e-mail settings of your e-mail messages and event emails or chose one as far as you configurated more than one e-mail address.