- available for and customers -
Pro and Enterprise customers can customize the content of emails that are automatically sent to bookers by doo: Payment requests, booking confirmations, event reminders, as well as the email for the approval process of bookings insofar as it has been stored for the event.
Customize the email content
- To customize email content, select the specific event, click "Settings" and then click "Email Content".
- Language selection: At the top of the tab, select whether you want to customize the German or English email content.
- Select Template: Choose between different templates in the template dropdown menu.
- doo basic template: Template with the contents sent by doo by default. It cannot be edited. Due to dynamic text content, it is not possible to preview the text. Send yourself a test email if you want to view the content for your event. If you want to edit the email content, you can create a reusable template or use the event-specific settings if you want to customize the content for the event only.
- Event-specific settings: Select this if you want the settings to apply only to the selected event and not be stored as a template for other events. When copying the event, the settings will be applied to the new event and can then be customized again specific to the event without changing the settings of the original event.
- Create new template for email content: If you select this and make changes to the email content, they will be saved as templates. You can then select and use the template on all other events. If you have already entered event specific settings and then create a new template, you can select "Prepopulate with current content". This will copy the information currently stored for emails into the template.
- Own templates: If you have already created your own templates, you will see them in the list and can select them by clicking on them and also rename, edit or delete them at any time. Please note that changes to a template are applied to all events for which the template is stored. Accordingly, the contents should be designed in such a way that they work for all events. You can insert event-specific information such as names or dates into the text using placeholders.
- Save as default: If you select "Save as Default" for the currently selected email content, the currently selected template will be automatically selected for each new event. In the drop-down menu of the templates, the addition "(Default)" indicates which template is currently stored as default for all new events. This rule does not apply if you copy an event. Then the settings of the copied event will be applied.
- Send-out: Under "Sender information" you can define sender name, reply address ("Reply-to") and signature for all email categories. The sender name is the name that is displayed in the recipient's inbox before the sender e-mail address and enables the identification of the origin of the e-mail. The sender address is email@example.com by default for booking-related doo emails. However, it is possible to set up a custom sender address for your doo account upon request. You can find more information about this here. Clear information in the signature is legally mandatory and reduces the likelihood of an email being classified as spam.
- Selecting the e-mail category
Select the email category whose content you want to modify. E-mail categories 4-7 are only available if you have set the booking manual approval function for your event.
- Payment request with invoice: This e-mail is only sent for the payment method "Purchase on account" and contains all information for the bank transfer. Attached is a corresponding invoice with payment request in PDF format. Please note: If you customize the content of this email and do not use the doo default template, the email content you enter will be sent as both a payment request and a payment reminder. This category is not relevant for free events.
- Booking Confirmation: This email is sent once a booking has been completed. A booking is considered completed as soon as it has been paid or - for free and manual bookings - immediately after the booking has been completed. If tickets are activated, they will be attached to this mail as a PDF. For PayPal and credit card payments, the invoice with payment confirmation is also attached. For manual bookings, you can decide for each booking whether the email should be sent.
Double-Opt-in confirmation link: This email appears if you have activated the double opt-in option for the event. It is sent after the booking is completed and contains the confirmation link that a person must click to complete the newsletter registration.
Event Reminder: Reminders are sent approximately four days prior to the event for each completed booking. If tickets are activated, they will be attached to this mail as a PDF.
Approval Check: This email is sent immediately after the booking is made for a booking that requires manual approval, informing the booker that the booking is being checked for approval.
Booking rejection: After the booking has been manually rejected by you as the organizer, the bookers will receive this email.
Link to payment: For bookings with costs, this e-mail contains the confirmation of approval and the request to complete the booking by selecting the payment method. It will be sent as soon as the booking has been released by you as the organizer. For free bookings, the booking confirmation is sent directly.
Message when marking a booking: You can activate or deactivate this e-mail in the release settings. Once it is enabled and you have defined the text, it will be sent automatically for each booking if you have set it to "Prebook" in the booking details.
Repeat payment link: this email is sent to the booker when you click the corresponding action in the booking details for a canceled booking. It contains a link for the booker to complete their payment.
Cancellation confirmation: This email is visible when you allow independent cancellation by the booker via the booking portal for free events. For cancellations that you trigger, no automatic email is currently sent.
- Customize content
Customize the content to your liking by clicking on "Edit email content" for the respective email type. Here you can enter your own subject as well as your own text and also select whether the email should contain automatically inserted "Booking details", the "Link to booking portal" and a "Calendar entry".
- You can also "Attach a file from an event field". How to create an event field in your event for this purpose is explained here. You can attach up to 5 files. Please note that the total attachment with all files must not exceed 8 MB. Especially if tickets or invoices are still attached to the email, you should therefore pay attention to small file sizes.
- The text "%SALUTATION% %TITLE% %FIRST_NAME% %LAST_NAME%" serves as a placeholder for the booker's salutation by name. The booker's title, first name and last name will be automatically inserted instead of the placeholders when the booker is sent. If you want to address bookers by their first name only, for example, reduce the placeholder to "%FIRST_NAME%".
- You can find more placeholders for event-related information in the "Placeholder" dropdown in the toolbar when you define your own text. You can also use placeholders in the subject.
- Booking details are event name, period, booking number, booking categories, organizer address and contact person.
- Using the link to the booking portal, bookers can re-download their invoice and view booking conditions and cancellation information.
- If you enable the calendar entry feature, the calendar entry will be automatically created based on your event information and sent to the booker as an ICS file attached to the corresponding email so that they can save it to their calendar.
- Send test mail
Send a test email to your own email address to check if the email meets your expectations.
Please sign in to leave a comment.