You have the option to offer your bookers and attendees products in addition to your tickets. Possible use cases include optional additional services for your event such as catering, VIP packages, mailing of tickets, subordinate side events such as workshops with limited capacities, or optional evening events of trade shows or congresses.
Unlike ticket categories, products are not offered directly during the ticket selection in the booking process, but in the subsequent step in the billing/registration or attendee information and can be added by ticking a checkbox. To offer chargeable products, a chargeable event must be created.
You can create products in step 3 of event creation ("Attendee data"). Products can be added in the sections "Booking form" or "Additional attendee data": Products added in the section "Booking form" can be purchased once per booking, products under "Additional attendee data" can be booked individually for each registered attendee per booked ticket.
When you create a product, you can specify a name, a short description, the capacity, and a price for fee-based events.
The following settings can be made in addition:
- Display the number of available tickets as a countdown: The number of products still available is displayed to the bookers in the booking form.
- Hide when booked out: The product will be completely removed from the invoice form as soon as it is no longer available.
- Show product on ticket: Products purchased at booking level are displayed on all tickets of the booking - products booked at attendee level only appear on the ticket of the corresponding attendee.
- Product preselected: The product is preselected in the booking form, bookers can remove the preselected selection when booking.
- Product selection is mandatory if available: The product is preselected in the booking form, bookers cannot remove the preselected selection when booking.
- only for customers available -
- Show product only for selected ticket category: The product can only be selected when certain ticket categories have been selected.
After you have created your product, you can change the order at any time by dragging and dropping. To do this, click on the points on the left edge of the product and drag them to the desired position.
Create product groups
The created products can also be grouped into product groups to provide the booker with a better structure in the booking process and to control the number of selected products within a group.
You can define within a product group how many products a booker must or can select. You can also decide whether the individual product groups can be folded in and out. This offers the booker a clearer booking view with many different products.
After you have created a product group, you can either drag and drop an already created product into the product group or create a new product directly in the group.
A product group that contains products cannot be deleted. To delete a product group, all products must first be deleted (no longer possible after an event has gone live) or placed outside the product group using drag & drop. After that, a recycle bin icon for deleting the group appears in the upper left corner.
Example: The organizer of a trade show would like to offer various accommodation options, such as single and double rooms, in addition to the trade show tickets. They also want to offer bookers the opportunity to purchase various merchandise items in advance, such as a lookbook, a T-shirt, or a welcome package with various goodies.
They add the products in the settings in the "additional attendee data" section, as this allows each registered attendee to decide individually whether or not the items should be ordered for them in addition to their ticket.
Notes on the use of products
- If multiple tickets can be purchased with one booking, we recommend that you set the products in the "additional attendee" area so that they can be added individually for the relevant participant not just once per booking, but for each individual ticket.
- You are responsible for the service fulfilment of the booked products.
Current overview of booked products
You can view the current status of your product bookings and remaining capacities at any time on your event details page in the right column below "Administration".
You can find out which products were purchased for which booking from the booking overview or the list of attendees: products that are added in the "Booking form" section appear in the booking overview of the event - products that were created under "Additional attendee data" can be found accordingly in the attendee list. You can find out where to find and download these lists here.